Anthony is Athlete of the Month!!! Congratulations!
How about a HUGE shout out to the evening beast known as Anthony! We can’t say enough about this guy. He is a role model and leader of our gym and always puts his best on the floor. And when you have a conversation with him, you know how genuine he is.
I started right before the open in 2016. I recently graduated college and was looking for a competitive sport where I could join a team and have that “team like” atmosphere. I started to drop in at different boxes in the St. Charles area to find that one where I thought I would fit in the best. My decision was very easy to make. CFSTC is by far the best gym when it comes to the coaches, the programming, and of course the community. I have been blessed to find this gym and would not want it any other way. I tell my friends and family that CFSTC is my home away from home.
2. Favorite/ Least Favorite Workout and why?
Favorite workout is anything to do with heavy weights.. especially squatting. Least favorite is anything to do with a full snatch or burpees.
3. Best part about working out with 5pm crew?
The age diversity in our class by far. It amazes me that no matter how old or how young you are, everyone can come together and feel appreciated no matter where your athletic level is. I have caught myself many times looking over at other athletes and seeing them push through a workout. Just seeing that makes me want to work harder knowing they are pushing just as hard if not harder than me in the workout.
4. What super power would you have?
5. If you were a genre of music, what would you be and why?
6. What are two accomplishment you are most proud of, inside the gym and outside?
Inside the gym would be earning the respect from the coaches/members and to FINALLY be able to overhead squat.
Outside the gym is being able to provide for my 6 year old son Wyatt. Being able to buy a house almost 2 years ago and for Wyatt to say he can go to “dads house” never gets old to me. The other would be my career. I was hired on with Sunset Transportation with little to no knowledge of the industry. By doing what my coaches preach (never give up, always give it your all) I have evolved into my new role as one of the leading agent reps for our entire company.
7. Whats the wallpaper on your phone right now?
No Joke, it is Ryan bar mid squat during Murph last year. It is the motivation I need for the open prep. (I can provide anyone the picture if they ask)
8. What does your most frequently used emoji tab look like?
A banana emoji.. (I text me GF too much)
9. Whats the Anthony Motto?
Respect coaches and other members, always give it your all once you step into the gym, and never give up on your dreams.
10. How excited for the Open are you? Any advice for beginners? Excited is an understatement. You will truly love CrossFit after your first open workout. especially during FNL at CrossFit St. Charles as your peers are encouraging you to go faster. It gives me chills thinking about it. My only advice is don’t worry about the competition. Just enjoy the workouts, you have been training all year for this!