We’re giving a big round of applause to Nate Gerber as our December Athlete of the Month at the gym! Not only has Nate gained new skills he’s never had before like rope climbing, but he’s also lost 50 pounds since starting back in April and has majorly improved his physical health! Read more about his journey in our interview below!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m 26, I like fast cars I have a 2020 GT500. I’m a huge blues fan. My dog Ash is my best friend I rescued him back in 2016. I’m an AirForce Vet.
2. What made you start CrossFit and what has kept you doing it?
I was going through some rough times and just felt like I could be doing something better with my time than feeling sorry for myself.
3. Has your motivation changed since you first started?
A little but not much.
4. What have you learned since joining the CrossFit St. Charles family?
That the assault bike is the worst invention ever.
5. What is your favorite movement?
I really enjoy rope climbs. I think it’s because I couldn’t do it as a kid in gym class.
6. What impact has CF had on you outside of the gym?
Well, I’ve lost 50lbs since I started back in April. So just overall I feel more physically active.
7. What is your next CrossFit goal and how closer are you to reaching it?
I don’t really have one, just want to continue going.
8. What’s something we might not know about you?
I had double hip surgery in 2019.
9. What advice might you give to someone who is concerning joining CFSTC or is new to the gym?
The hardest part is starting. But it definitely gets better.
10. What is the Nate motto?
Don’t wait until you’re ready. Start now so when you are ready you’ll have a head start.
11. If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like?
An AMRAP and There would be some running, rope climbs, some lightweight high rep hang power cleans, and sprinkle in some burpees.
12. What are two of your favorite songs?
Bohemian rhapsody-Queen / Anything by Drake.
Congratulations, Nate! We’re proud of all of your hard work and can’t wait to see what else you’ll do on your CrossFit journey.
Stay up to date with everything in our Private Group if you’re a member: (https://www.facebook.com/groups/778089053048304)