A big round of applause to Michelle Scheffel; our May Athlete of the Month for stepping up and always challenging herself! Make sure to read our full interview with her to learn more about herself and her journey as a CFStC member!!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. I’m adventurous.
I’ve travelled to South Africa and a few countries in Europe, I’ve jumped out of an airplane, and I love roller coasters. I’m also a big fan of the Cardinals and Blues.
2. What made you start CrossFit and what has kept you doing it?
I’ve never been in love with exercise. But I knew I needed to get off the couch and move. I had been introduced to basic movements, and I wanted to get better at the exercises I already like and learn new ones.
3. Has your motivation changed since you first started?
Yes, I look forward to some of the WODs even when there are movements I don’t really like because I know they are the ones I need to work on.
4. What have you learned since joining the CrossFit St. Charles family?
CrossFit is a lot more than lifting weights, and all the movements complement each other
5. What is your favorite movement?
6. What impact has CF had on you outside of the gym?
I am so much more focused on good posture everywhere I go – shoulders back, chest out!
7. What is your next CrossFit goal and how closer are you to reaching it?
I just competed at Festivus, which was an adventure in itself since it was my first time competing. I’ll have to think about the next goal.
8. What’s something we might not know about you?
I have two cats who were rescued in London, emigrated to New York, and eventually came to live with me in St. Charles. But I love all animals, except the ones with more than four legs!
9. What advice might you give to someone who is concerning joining CFSTC or is new to the gym?
Try it! Don’t be afraid you don’t know what to do, or that others are looking at you. The coaches are all so nice and will give you all the help you need. And the people I’ve met in class are very supportive and make you feel welcome.
10. What is the Michelle Motto? Don’t be afraid to try new things!
Don’t be afraid to try new things! You might be missing something awesome!
11. If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like?
- Alternating DB presses
- Kettlebell swings
- NO burpees, NO jumping, and NO bike!
12. What are two of your favorite songs?
For workouts, I like Seek & Destroy (Metallica) or similar, but I also like fun songs like Nothin’ But A Good Time by Poison.
Great work Michelle! We can’t wait to see what you’ll do next! For more CFStC news and updates, make sure to follow us on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/crossfitstcharles/), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/crossfitstcharles) and join our Facebook Group! (https://www.facebook.com/groups/778089053048304)