- Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I grew up in Wentzville, MO. I have a pup named Milo. I love to travel, go to concerts and just really anything that involves being outdoors.
- What made you start CrossFit and what has kept you doing it? |
I started CrossFit a little over a year ago. I was really just looking for something that allowed me to lift weights and keep me engaged throughout the whole workout. I’ve continued coming because each workout is different and it makes exercise fun and requires you to constantly test your abilities. The community at this gym is truly just the best and so supportive and makes it so easy to want to keep coming back.
- Has your motivation changed since you first started?
My motivation in the beginning was just to get back into an exercise routine. My motivation now is to learn new skills and keep adding weights to my barbell.
- What have you learned since joining the CrossFit St. Charles family?
I’ve learned that I am capable of doing so much more than I thought I could. Exercise can actually be fun if you do it with a great group of people around you.
- What is your favorite movement?
Anything that involves a barbell (except for snatches) and rowing.
- What impact has CF had on you outside of the gym?
I’ve gained self-confidence
- What is your next CrossFit goal and how close are you to reaching it?
An RX wall walk and double unders.
- What’s something we might not know about you?
I have my motorcycle license. I’m teaching myself spanish. My family speaks Spanish but never taught me so now I’m teaching myself.
- What advice might you give to someone who is considering joining CFSTC or is new to the gym?
Keep coming back and keep moving. It does get easier. CFSTC has the best community and everyone here really just wants to see you thrive.
- What is the Vanessa Motto?
When it’s a really hard WOD my motto is “Just keep moving”. When I’m not feeling like working out its “Some movement is better than no movement”. Even if i’m not up to going all out, I just have to give 100% of whatever I have to offer for that day (even if it’s just a walk through the park).
- If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like?
It would involve rowing, deadlifts and box jumps
- What are two of your favorite songs?
My taste in music is all over the place and I have such a long list of favorites… my current favorites are “Superimpose” by ELIO, “Solid” by Burna Boy, and “Breaking up was easy in the 90s” by Sam Hunt