A Note From Coach Michelle
Truman started with CFStC in 2017 when he was just 10 years old. Truman is a young man of few words but he shows who he is every single time he walks into the gym. Truman is by far the most consistent athlete that I have the pleasure of coaching. Not only that, he always gives 100% effort to no matter what the movement is, even if it the bake and wallballs (I can picture his face now as I write this!) Truman is always up for a challenge. Each time I ask him what weight he wants to use, he looks at me and shrugs and accepts whatever amount I give him without question. He is more than willing to try new movements and always gives his best, not matter what, even with handstands. I think we all can learn from Truman and his work ethic, not to mention…Have you seen his squat, textbook. Truman is a great kid inside and out of the gym walls. It is a pleasure to coach hime every Tuesday and Thursday and I cannot wait to see where he goes from here!
Get to know Truman
- Tell us a little bit about yourself – I’m 13 and in 8th grade
- What made you start CrossFit and what has kept you doing it? – I tried other sports I didn’t like and decided to give crossfit a try
- Has your motivation changed since you first started? – no comment
- What have you learned since joining the CrossFit ST. Charles family? – no comment
- What is your favorite movement? – back squat
- What impact has CF had on you outside of the gym? – i’m stronger
- What is your next CrossFit goal and how closer are you to reaching it? – increase my back squat
- Whats something we might not know about you? – i play the trumpet
- What advice might you give to someone who is concerning joining CFSTC or is new to the gym? – bring water
- What is the Truman Motto? – no comment
- If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like? 3 rounds of 10 strict presses and 10 back squats
- What are two of your favorite songs? I only listen to music when I’m in the car with my mom. My favorite video game is Minecraft.