- Tell us a little bit about yourself. I’m originally from Memphis. The U.S. Army brought me to the STL Area. I’ve been in the Army (Active Duty for 12.5 years)
- What made you start CrossFit and what has kept you doing it? I have been doing CrossFit in some fashion since 2011. This is the first time I have had formal training. Nonetheless, I love the community and the relationships that we build from pursuing fitness goals.
- Has your motivation changed since you first started? Now, I am motivated to get stronger and learn some of the more complex movements. I finally can complete a Handstand without falling off the wall.
- What have you learned since joining the CrossFit St. Charles family? I have learned that the skill levels in the gym isn’t as important as enjoying the people in the gym.
- What is your favorite movement? I hate them all. But, I am getting better at T2B. I am also getting stronger with my squat and deadlift.
- What impact has CF had on you outside of the gym? I am more mentally prepared for the daily grind at work after hanging out with the 5am Team. S/O to Coach Sarah, Jason, Trevor, Kyle, Jenn…..Jeremy is my Hype Man too. I owe the coaches big time.
- What is your next CrossFit goal and how close are you to reaching it? 375 Squat PR 335 425 Deadlift PR 397, and accomplish at least three HSPUs I can only do negatives now.
- What’s something we might not know about you? I am an avid reader and I love shooting 1911 pistols
- What advice might you give to someone who is concerning joining CFSTC or is new to the gym? It’s not about the gym. It’s about the people. Everyone in the gym is genuinely concerned about you accomplishing your fitness goals.
- What is the Leonard Motto? Oatmeal is better than no meal.
- What are two of your favorite songs? Born Sinner (J. Cole) Never Change (Jay-Z)
- If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like?
3×5 Pull UPS
6 Rounds/3 minute Rest Mid Way
15 Body Squats
10 push ups with slow ass negative
30 step ups (15 each leg)
12 decline push ups
20 single leg sit-ups w/clap
10 lunges (5 each leg)
8 diamond push ups
10 toe touches