Congratulations to our March Athlete of the Month! Jen Schoenholz💪 . Check out our interview with her to learn more about herself and her journey at CFStC!!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’ve been at CFSTC for about 4.5 years. I have a 14 year old son who is in the kids class. I’m a forensic scientist but my passion is my business, Crushed Sugar Bakery.
2. What made you start CrossFit and what has kept you doing it?
I started because I saw the crossfit games and saw them doing snatches and clean and jerks and I thought “I want to be able to do that”. I keep doing it because there’s always a next thing I want to be able to do.
3. Has your motivation changed since you first started?
Yes and no. I learned how to snatch and clean and jerk so I’ve moved on to mastering other skills. I’m happiest when I’m working towards a goal so there’s always that one thing I’ve got my eye on.
4. What have you learned since joining the CrossFit St. Charles family?
I’m capable of so much more than I ever imagined.
5. What is your favorite movement?
6. What impact has CF had on you outside of the gym?
The confidence I’ve gained and the friends I’ve made have made every part of my life better.
7. What is your next CrossFit goal and how close are you to reaching it?
I’m going to walk on my hands. I’ve been working on being upside down for the last year but just started working on walking.
8. What’s something we might not know about you?
I’ve been skydiving.
9. What advice might you give to someone who is concerning joining CFSTC or is new to the gym?
I was completely terrified when I joined the gym. Don’t be. Every person there, members and coaches, just want to help you and see you succeed.
10. What is the Jen Motto? It’s tattooed on my arm
“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will”
11. If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like?
5 rounds for time 10 calorie bike, 100m farmers carry, 5 power snatches
12. What are two of your favorite songs?
Queen of Hearts – Juice Newton and Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
Congratulations once again to Jen! We’re so proud of all of your hard work, consistency and accomplishments! We’re grateful to have you at CrossFit St. Charles!!
For more CFStC news and updates, make sure to follow us on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/crossfitstcharles/), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/crossfitstcharles) and join our Facebook Group! (https://www.facebook.com/groups/778089053048304)