“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
Mindset is basically a set of assumptions that you may have about yourself or others that define how you behave, how you think about yourself and your outlook on life.
The kind of mindset you have affects your every day life. Decisions are made based on perceptions of success or failure.
There are two mindsets to consider
Someone with a Growth Mindset has::
- A willingness to learn from everyone around them
- Understand that success takes dedication and hard work
- Welcomes challenges
- Isn’t derailed by failures but sees them as a chance to learn
- Is aware of their weaknesses and focused on improving them
Someone with a Fixed Mindset
- Avoids challenges
- Tries to hide their mistakes
- Practices negative self-talk “I can’t”
- Doesn’t deal well with setbacks
- Is convinced that their abilities are limited to one area
A Growth Mindset leads to new experiences. It leads to living life to its fullest and pursuing potential.
A Fixed Mindset leads to stagnation and regret.
We may have Growth Mindsets in some parts of our lives and Fixed in others. The good news is that we can turn Fixed Mindsets to Growth, with awareness and attention.
- Fake it ’til you make it. Seriously, talk the talk and you’ll start to walk the walk. Start telling yourself that you are the type of person that eats healthy foods and works out daily regardless of what happened yesterday!
- Don’t forget to start! After Talking the Talk you’ve got to take the first step.
- Make a plan. Make it realistic. Make sure your lifestyle can sustain your goals.
- Give up the idea that you have to be perfect-Nothing is perfect but it can still be amazing and life changing.
- Accept a challenge and then get ready for some hard work. If its important to you, you’ll give it your attention
- Celebrate! The big things and the little things. You deserve it!